Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Week (almost) 13. Ok, 12.5.

I would like virtual high-fives from all of you for finishing the first tri-mester without ONCE calling my unborn child a nasty name. True, I flicked it on more than one occassion, but I don't constitute that as child abuse because I am ballooning and all of that padding has to prevent any type of movement from reaching the baby.

That being said. I look like I did when I was six months pregnant last time. What. The. Heck. It's certainly not because I am eating too much. Perhaps it's the combination of the baby and the week's worth of stockpiled poo that I have been holding on to. Awesome. But, hey, it's nice to see a little accomplishment I suppose. All this throwing up and whatnot can really dampen that 'growing new life' silliness that is going on inside me.

But, there is a horizon out there. I see it. It's way far away still, but I see it. There are more breaks in the day where I feel semi-human again, and I cherish those times. But then I eat something, or smell something, or see something on a commercial, and it all goes down the drain. But there is a light, people. There is a light.

On that note, I must go visit the toilet. I have some semi-digested cookies that are just aching to see the light of day again.

3 comments:

Anna D. said...

Wow, I almost forgot what it was like to live with you and your pooping schedule. Now I remember.

This is funny- have you read Dooce's latest post? Part of it (and a whole lot of comments are too) is about how much bigger she is with her second pregnancy than at the same time with her first. The human body is craaaazy!

I'm going to call you sometime soon, I swear.

Anonymous said...

Totally jealous of you, pooping or not and all the other fun stuff, still jealous. and yep, the mommy growth does happen sooner with the second child. gotta love it.

thinking of you often. hope the holidays treat you nice

- the gawels -

Anonymous said...

Glad you se some sort of end to it...
hey, you back home in St. Louie (where the gun play reigns all day, sha na na...) or are you in MI still? I'll be in GR from the 20-23rd if you are...
it'd be cool to meet up and catch up; keep me in the loop!