Thursday, March 26, 2009

Children make me tired.

Because I am obviously pregnant now, with a huge belly and all, people have decided that it's ok to assume that I am with child. This is fine with me, because... I am... but along with that assumption always comes the same advice. Upon seeing my belly, and seeing Alex strapped in the stroller or waddling along next to me (yes, we waddle together), most everybody always feels the need to point out just how tired I will be when number two arrives. As if I should reserve all of my energy that is flowing out of my eyeballs now so I am ready to tackle two children instead of just the one. But, the problem is, I am already tapped out on energy. So you telling me that things will be so much harder and oh my gosh you are going to have your hands full and oh you poor thing what did you do to yourself?! doesn't help. I understand that life is about to get so much more chaotic... but I am (perhaps falsely) holding out hope that at least when I don't have feet digging up into my rib cage and little hands bruising my bladder that I will feel more motivated then I do now to really tackle these children head on. I just want (the lower half of) my body back! I am excited for the chaos- excited for the noise- excited for the growing family... I will just be more excited for it come June.

I feel like I had more to say on the subject, but honestly, this post has been a few days in the making (believe it or not), and I just want to finish it so it's not hanging over my head.

So... it is finished. For now.

1 comment:

Manda said...

Being pregnant was way harder for me than having a kid has been so far!! PEOPLE NEED TO SHUT UUUUUP GAAAAAAHHHH!