Monday, October 19, 2009

Did you hear that? That's what CHANGE sounds like.



Not pocket change. I have none of that. (I am definitly one of those people who uses a debit card to pay $1.50 for a pop. Sue me. Also one of those people that uses the free address stickers I get from charities without donating anything.... aren't I awful??)






What I have are big BIG changes. Changes that, had this happened 10 years ago, I would have had to write several letters with PAPER and PENS and send them out in ENVELOPES after I LICKED A STAMP.






Well, maybe the first change isn't so large. I got my hair cut. And really, all that means is that I have more in my face when it's in a ponytail. See, look. (Ignore the large bags under my eyes. Those are standard. As is the absence of my glasses. Because I usually don't remember that I wear them until I realize sometime during the afternoon that it shouldn't be so hard to read my child her books.)



The second change is a bit bigger.


This is where I would tell my poor father to take a seat had I not already told him the news.


If you actually know me or have been following me since I was on Xanga, you may remember that when Paul and I first got married, he was living in England. Six days after we married, we got on a plane and started our life together. It was a bumpy transition for the both of us, but we made it work. After a year, we moved back to the states to start our new life (and our family) together. Well....



Come July, we will be headed back over the pond. After a lot of back and forth, we decided that that was the route our lives were headed, and it wasn't long before the deal was final. We will be there for three years, and then who knows where after that (I am still holding out for the Denver area, though).


Initial thought.... CURRY!


Second thought... 8 HOUR PLANE RIDE WITH A ONE YEAR OLD AND A TWO YEAR OLD!



I am encouraged that the percentage of freak-out versus excitement is about 20/80 right now, so that's good. There is just so much to do between now and then, it's overwhelming. Especially since Paul's deployment is looming over our heads. But I am excited. We are all.... excited.


Things are changing. Aaaaaaagaiiiiiin.

5 comments:

Manda said...

England? Is that what this means (I AM NOT QUICK SOMETIMES)?

Wrensmith said...

Oh my----- that is a BIG CHANGE!!!! It is going to require even more effort to visit! (although chances are that when I do come visit- it will be without the four kids in tow if I am flying to ENGLAND!!!!)
YOWZERS!!!!
Love you cousin!

Anna D. said...

I AM CALLING YOU

Stephanie White said...

See email.

Bekah (beksmuller) said...

WOW. That is a big change! is your hubby able to get a job over there? i can't imagine moving that far?! We're talking about moving a few miles away and it overwhelms me! I hope things go as you hope they do and i wish you the best :)