Thursday, November 3, 2011

Read.

Food is not the enemy.
Your body is not the enemy.

Learn to love both.  Learn to respect both.    This is my struggle.

But, I've stumbled across a great book, and if the idea intrigues you, I think you should check it out!

Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth.

Full disclosure, I'm only a few chapters in.  But I love how she writes and already the book has made me question the reasons why I grab a box of crackers and a chunk of (oh so delicious) cheese and have at it.  Is it the chaos in the house?  Is it hunger?  Is it boredom?  I'm sick of having to think so much when it comes to food.  Food should be loved, it should be delicious, it should be made with real ingredients.  I want to make it become a part of my life, not what my life stops and stutters around, always glancing back to see if the choices I made were correct.  I'm done counting.  I'm done weighing.  I eat when I'm hungry.  I stop when I'm not.  

No comments: