Wednesday, August 27, 2008

someone get me a really big pillow...

Since Sunday, my husband has been out of town on business. This could have been an awful awful time. Alex is teething right now (she already has her bottom two teeth... the ones right next to them on either side are coming in now), which makes her so very grumpy (understandably so). But, my mother-in-law came in town to rescue me. And not only that, I was lucky enough to get a visit from an old friend. So great. We've been busy the past couple of days, from strolling down the streets of historic St. Charles (think Lewis and Clarke), to visiting the Arch, to just bouncing from craft store to craft store and doing said crafts here at the homestead. The company has been so great and I am so thankful that I was not left alone with Miss Crabby Pants all week. It might have been bearable if she were sleeping through the night... but no such luck. We are still getting up at least once to eat, and usually 2-3 times other than that. I would kill for a completed REM cycle. Another luxury that I miss? Showering with the door closed. I was not prepared to give that up. But unless I wait for Paul to get home (which... let's be honest, I do quite regularly), it's open door for me.

Well, I was planning to write more, but I just started watching the Democratic National Convention, and it's getting me all fired up (in a not so positive way), and if I keep writing, I will start talking politics, and I don't want to do that. So I will stop here.

Until next time...

No comments: