Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The ZOO, Harry! The ZOO!

Finally, after living in this city for over a year (already!), we made it to the Zoo. I love zoos. They just bring out the happy like nothing else. And it was Alex's first time. I'm sure it has impacted her life in the greatest of great ways. I'm sure.


She was able to actually touch various animals, including guinea pigs. Which I hate. I think of them as oversized, tailless rats. And I would prefer to never have one set foot in this house. But, hey, I'm all about them being in the Zoo.



By the end of the day, she was spent. Too spent to be even semi-interested in all of the winged creatures attempting to land on her head.


Tired girl.

It was a great day, though. The weather was perfect, slightly overcast. Perhaps all the fresh air will be enough to help her sleep more than 2 hours in a row tonight... One can hope. I am starting to run into walls and answer questions that I swear my dog has asked me. And the little dreams that I do have nowadays are reaching into bits of strangeness that I had not reached yet. Did my nephew really have two heads when he was born? And if that was the case, why was it such a non-issue? "Oooooo... I forgot Logan had two heads... Silly me." I swear that is a direct quote. If only I could hook my head up to my computer and show you all what I see when I sleep... you would understand why I wake up more exhausted than when I go to sleep sometimes. ...To dream a dream... Just give me dreamless nights for a while. Dreamless, tearless nights. Ahhh... what a luxury.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

smashley said...

Yay, you switched blogs too! That made me really happy. It's fun having a fresh blog, huh? Xanga felt tired and I really had no motivation to blog on it or really to read my blog updates. Sad. Anywhoo...glad to embark on this new blog journey with you :)

Hey, how did you add links to your friend's blogs?? I was trying to figure that out...but alas, I am not very computer savvy...not much has changed : )

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good words.