Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mmmm... maybe think of something else to say...

When I am wandering around the mall near my house, I usually tend to stop in Things Remembered to say hello to the gals I worked with while I was pregnant. It's usually a pleasant visit, filled with updates on the current gossip as well as the unavoidable gushing over Alex, who is usually with me.

One of the girls, however, upon seeing me... EVERY SINGLE TIME... only has one thing to say,

"You look tired."

I could be bouncing off the walls, feeling better and more awake and put together than I have since the day I first got sick with Alex, and it's always,

"You look tired."

And I can tell her that I feel great, but she just responds with,

"Oh. Well, you look tired."

So now I just tell her it's my thing. You know, like short hair. Short hair and big bags. It's my thing. Thanks for noticing.

No comments: