Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sorry to get political...

...But this is a great article. (The link of this site is and has been on the left side of this page, but I figured I would bring your attention to this article in particular.) Written by someone who used to support Obama. Here's a clip:

"Obama is the typical cynical politician, putting negative spin on everything his opponent does and denying his own past statements and actions. If Obama were a Republican, he would quickly learn that any such hypocrisy would be nailed by the media and harped on endlessly.

But because the mainstream media are relentlessly partisan on Obama's behalf, he is always surprised and shocked when his deceptions and stupidities are exposed. How dare those nasty conservative talk radio hosts and bloggers interfere with his coronation! Can't they see that Obama is the one anointed by the leftist media establishment?

Here's the problem, Mr. Obama. Back when you were still saying nothing, you looked very promising to people like me, who thought of you as what you claimed to be -- a great conciliator.

But since Hillary took the gloves off and bloodied you at the end of the primary season, you have been forced to take firm positions on issues and to defend yourself against criticism -- you have been forced to let us see who you are.

And who are you?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome article. Thanks so much for sharing it! This election has completely turned me off of both mainstream media and Hollywood. I can't stand the reckless and irresponsible way that they have abused their influence over the American public. At least I've learned from this election that you have to search out the truth for yourself. Because for the media, the line between fact and opinion has blurred into oblivion. Thanks again for the post!

Anonymous said...

I too am sick of Obama being the anointed one.

I'm glad to hear that another baby was tiny for awhile. After my one month visit to the pediatrician, I felt as though I must be starving my child because he didn't gain all that much weight. She still told us yesterday that he was on the low end of the scale, but that his weight gain was acceptable. I think that if you breastfeed, they somehow think that it is not enough. It's very frustrating.