Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No excuse... well, ok. I'm pregnant.

So sorry for the lack of posts lately. Truth be told, I've just been unmotivated to get on here and actually type. Not to say that I don't continually come and blog-stalk others, because that I have the energy for. It's just clicking and scrolling. But to actually TYPE an entry? Which, I have been told, must include pictures and videos and other fun things? Which must first be acquired by a camera that I would have to hold and operate? I am out of breath just thinking about it. So I compromised. I decided to finally click that little 'new post' button, but I promised myself it would be ok if I did not include any photo or video representation of my life at this point. Not to say that you don't deserve it, because you do. Alex has hit a stage in her life where it's unfair for me NOT to share her. But I am just. so. tired. So words will have to do for now.

I'm home. That's the big thing. I jumped in the car with my husband 2 days after Christmas and braved the 10 hour (well, with our stops, 12 hour) drive. It was tiring, filled with baby-related things and not-so-clean public restrooms (which, by the way, ladies- do you know why public toilets are so disgusting?? Because you use them thinking they are the most disgusting things on the planet. Because you think they are nasty, they become nasty. You think your BUTT is too clean for a toilet seat, so you hover. But, ladies, we aren't built to have perfect little streams like our male friends. If we were, then we wouldn't have to worry about sitting in the first place. We don't stream, we spray. So, by hovering, you spray the seat. Then, ew, obviously if your ars is too clean for the seat, certainly your toilet paper covered hand will be, so you leave it there. And, oh my word, don't touch the handle too hard. Otherwise the germs will leap right off of it and eat half your arm before you can dig your foaming sanitary spray out of your purse. Just lightly press it with your toe, so it only half flushes, leaving half of your gift for the next lady. See? Thinking nasty makes it nasty. It's a vicious cycle. So, sit your butt down on the seat, flush the toilet like a big girl, then if it makes you feel better, spray some foam on your butt. Thanks for listening.). Where was I?

Right. I'm home. I was so excited to get home that it didn't hit me until the first day Paul went to work that this is going to be really hard! I was so focused on the nausea, which is finally starting to subside, that I forgot about the exhaustion that comes along with growing new life. I am so tired all the time. Carrying Alex up the stairs has me sitting down panting for five minutes afterwards. It's frustrating, because I just want to take care of my baby girl. But I get through it. As soon as she goes down for a nap or bed, I go straight across the hall to my own bed (tonight being the exception... see how I sacrafice for you???). Housework has been put on hold indefinitely. I don't have the energy to cook. Paul is helping as much as he can, but that still leaves me alone 12 hours a day. But... I am glad I am home. I appreciate the help my parents gave us SO MUCH, but, and i know they would understand this completely, it's nice to be in my own home, with my husband, in my own bed, vomiting in my own toilet.

Alex is so funny right now. She is 10 months old (already!). She jokes with us, which is so freaking adorable. Peek-a-boo is a big one, and she mimics pretty much anything you do with your mouth, including really obnoxious sounds (which is way fun while you are doing your grocery shopping). We have a check-up for her tomorrow, technically her 9 month check-up. We go to my doctor right after that (for the first time since I was 7 weeks along... and now I am 18 weeks... I am anxious for it to say the least. Should be hearing the heart as well as schedualing an ultrasound.). I am excited to see how much she weighs now, because if the constant kink in my back is any indication, she's gained quite a bit in the past few months (due to the addition of formula me thinks). She is doing great with her solids. Loves her bananas. And she is on the move constantly. She is so fast when she crawls, and she is starting to be just as fast skimming along furniture. She's taken one or two steps here or there, but I feel like walking is still a few weeks away at least. We'll see though.

Well, I feel like there is lots more to update on, but I am going to take a break for now. Sorry again for the delay. Blame the belly. I certainly do.

1 comment:

Manda said...

Foam on your butt! HA!
Vomit in your own toilet! PRICELESS!
Oh, Lar. Love ya.