Thursday, January 29, 2009

Took me long enough.

I would say that I hate doing these types of things, and I am totally annoyed that I have been -tagged- into doing one... but here I sit, actually doing it. To be honest, it's been a while since I've done anything like this, in email or any other type of format, so I gave in quite easily.

The rules are simple. Tell seven random things about yourself, then attempt to convince others to do the same. I will say right now that I will not be following through with the second part, mostly because anyone I would have tagged has already been tagged... so here I sit. No more friends to tag.

1) While I was in labor with Alex, I was a moaner. Now, some women get really quiet. Some women get really loud. And some women moan. When I watched those birthing shows, I would always feel embarrassed for those women who sit there and moan and moan and moan. I suppose that is exactly the reason that I found it so funny that I turned out to be one of them. But I can assure you that I did not feel silly in the least while in the moment. I could care less how stupid I sounded. I only yelled out one thing, actually (aside from the order to GET ME THE EPIDURAL NOW!!!! Oh, and GET ME A BUCKET!). Right around that time, those Burger King commercials were airing on tv, the ones where they took the whopper away and filmed the response. There was one guy that they always showed. He was irate that his sandwich had been taken off the menu, and the only thing he said was "Get me a whopper!" Paul and I thought that was really funny for some reason. Well, that is exactly what I screamed during one of my contractions. Not sure why. It's just what happened to pop in my head, and out it came.

2) Although I don't really enjoy reading it (because, let's be honest, most of the time I have NO idea what it's talking about), I used to write poetry a lot. In highschool mostly. Most of it was about God and life/death. Not morbid though, I promise. In fact, one was a lullaby, which I now sing to my daughter at night (with the help of a friend who put a tune to it... because I am a true VanHollebeke in that matter- no music talent).

3) I've been to both an N'sync concert and a Britney Spears concert. Be jealous.

4) The first (and only I believe) black eye I've ever gotten was given to me by... me. My next-door neighbor convinced me that we should throw rocks at a birds nest (he was twisted, and I was a young impressionable child, cut me some slack). The tree was huge, and there was no way that either of us could ever throw a rock high enough to even reach the branch let alone the nest, but I tried anyway. I threw the rock straight up, and watched it come straight down. Right on my face. Not a proud moment in my life.

5) I used to have a huge crush on Steve Irwin. I actually sent him a letter inviting him to my highschool graduation party. I tried to convince him that the party would be on Harsen's Island, and there's lots of wildlife that he could play with. ...He didn't come. (And yes, I was heartbroken when he died. Ask Paul. He had to cheer me up. So he took me to Stonehenge. Ahh, the perks of living in England.)

6) I am notorious for making spontaneous decisions that I regret later. Nothing huge and life changing. Things like, getting rid of that pair of pants, and then really regreting it because, dang, that was the pair I wore every other day for four years. Or tossing the rest of the pasta then really regreting it that night when I have nothing to eat for dinner.

7) I feel silly when I tell people that I have a degree in Theology and Classics. Mostly because I hardly remember anything that I studied. Every once in a while I get inspired and sit down with my Greek Bible or my history textbook. But that goes away pretty quickly. One day I hope to continue my studies, but I have no idea if that would be realistic or not. I really enjoy staying home with Alex and soon to be son, and I don't know if I would want to give that up and get a fulltime job with a Master's degree anytime soon, given, of course, that Paul and I can afford to live on one salary.

There. Seven things. A real post will come soon, maybe. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to learn more about you. I went to an NSYNC concert too and I actually had a great time. I did 25 facts on my xanga you can read about :)

Sara Lynn Photography said...

I am laughing SO hard I'm crying. I LOVE YOU!!!!!