Friday, May 29, 2009

Awkward In-between stage...

Are you getting overwhelmed with my influx of posts lately? I am not going to apologize. I will remember this and point it out to you when I don't post for 6 months after this baby is born. 'See? Remember when I used to post alot? It was to hold you over.'

I find myself in a very awkward stage right now. It's that stage of being very pregnant and on the verge of popping, overwhelmed with the instinct to make my house nice and neat for this new child that's about to join us. But also, being a mother of a fifteen-month old. That right there should show you the tug and pull that's going on. I am sitting in my dining room right now, and behind me is my kitchen. It's spotless. For the past few weeks, I haven't been able to tolerate things on the counter, dishes in the sink. So I've been a little neurotic about keeping it tidy. But on my right, my living room is staring at me laughing, because in only a half hour, THIS is what my daughter does to it:

Didn't I mention in one of the lasts posts about how rare it is for her to sit still and play with just one toy? I wasn't exaggerating. So now, in the amount of time it took me to clean the kitchen, Crazy Toddler ripped apart my living room, and upon seeing it, I got all twitchy and spazzy, and was thrown down on to my knees involuntarily by this blasted nesting instinct until I managed to get control of it (read: throw all of her toys into that big boat thing that you see at the bottom left there...). Honestly. It's sick. Paul will vacuum for me, and I want (and maybe HAVE on one or two occasions) to throw myself down and make out with the vacuum lines on the carpet. Paul can barely get me in the mood to do anything these days (tmi? sorry.), but those vacuum lines? WATCH. OUT. I'm getting all fired up just thinking about them.

1 comment:

Manda said...

A pregnant lady making out with carpet? that's a photo I'd LOVE to see.
And uhm, OH MY GOSH you got pregnant when you had a 6 month old. HOLY CRAP.