Sunday, May 24, 2009

Needed: A 5lb block of cheese to go with this WHIIIIIIIIIIIIINE

This post is a lousy attempt to give Paul a break from hearing me whine. I say 'lousy attempt' because he's already heard most of this and will no doubt hear it again 10 more times before this day is through. Uh-well. It's his part of the pregnancy I suppose. I'll do the heavy lifting, he does the heavy hearing. Or something.

I just feel very pregnant today. From the moment I woke up, I could feel little guy all up in my ribs. He is just so much higher than Alex ever was. And I am not sure if I've just forgotten how uncomfortable the end of my first pregnancy was... but I feel like this was has been so much harder on my body. I can't sit because then I can't breathe. I can't stand because then I get shin-splints and start panting after a few minutes. I can't lay down because then he sits on my spine and I feel like I displaced half of my spine after a while. And all of this makes it really fun chasing after Alex all day.

And this morning I've had cramps... I am to the point now where contractions feel good because at least it's doing something. I can't sleep. I hate going to bed now because I know I'm in for a whole night of getting up every half hour to roll over (which is SO HARD TO DO) and possibly go to the bathroom.

I know that I shouldn't complain as much as I do, because I am very lucky that I've had two full-term pregnancies with no big problems. I've been miserable, but the babies have thrived, and for that I am SO LUCKY. But I am apparently not so good at seeing the bright side. And for that I apologize.

Thanks for listening, Internet. I am going to go eat some ice cream now. (which... oh my word... that's been my vice this time around. I am usually not an ice cream person - I usually prefer a bag of chips any day over any type of sweets... but honestly... I wish I kept all of the empty containers that I've tossed in the past few months... I think it would quite impressive.)

Less than 20 days.

No comments: