Monday, May 11, 2009

For Future Referance...

Do NOT play the I'm-gonna-eat-your-foot! game prior to changing a poop-filled diaper. Makes it much harder.

In unborn fetus news, I have my next doctors appointment on Wednesday. Then I go every week. Only four weeks away! I am hoping that I have made some progress down south, but, not really counting on it. I was always so sure that I was going to be fully dilated and give birth right there at my check-up with Alex for the last 6 weeks of that pregnancy that I am hesitant to believe that I will go even one minute early with this one. I refuse to believe that I will be late though. But this is only to keep me sane. If I knew that I would be carrying this child even one week over 40, I would break down and cry myself to a restless sleep right here and now.

Speaking of restless sleep..... I have been coming down with some sort of virus for about a week now (SWINE FLU SWINE FLU SWINE FLU!!!). I'm sure it's nothing serious. But it's annoying and makes me that much more exhausted during the days and that much more restless during the nights. My upper torso feels like.... I don't know... there are lots of ways people describe it... hit by a truck, lost a fight with a prize-fighter, trampled by a herd of giraffe (herd? pack? I think things with hooves generally roam around in herds, correct?). Any of those would be appropriate. What crappy timing. Aside from vomiting for 3 months, I have avoided getting any kind of disease this entire pregnancy. Why now? When I am so close. Best I can do is get rest (HA!) and hopefully it will go away. If it gets too bad, I know my doctor will prescribe me something... but.... I hate taking medicine. Just ask my husband who has to take on the parent role and make sure I don't hide my pills in a pile of mashed potatoes or something equally immature. I would like to say that he knew what he was getting when he married me, but to be honest, it's quite easy to fake a seemingly adult persona when you are in a long-distance relationship quite literally up until the day you are married.

I will update again after my appointment on Wednesday, but I assure you (and myself) that it will be to merely tell you that I am still at 1 cm and that I will be giving birth at exactly midnight at my pre-determined delivery date- June 12. No sooner, and dear Lord, no later.

(Speaking of the Lord... I am reading Sex God by Rob Bell, and I highly suggest that it be put on reading lists everywhere, especially for those that are in relationships of any type... so that would be all of you. [Not just intimate relationships... any type... even if you hate everybody, that's a relationship, so go get the book.] It seemed to be a slow-start, but I am nearing the end and I can't get enough. He's got some really good things to say. Go. Read.)

No comments: