Thursday, September 4, 2008

6 months old today.

Half a year.


HALF of a YEAR.


HALF OF A FRICKIN YEAR, PEOPLE.


I'm stunned at how quickly these past 6 months have gone. But also stunned because it seems like she's been with us for much more than 6 months. A few lifetimes might be a more appropriate time frame.



People ask if having a child is anything like I had expected it to be. I usually tell them that I didn't know what to expect, so in that respect, no, it's nothing like what was in my head. It's so much better. Yes, I have permanent bags under my eyes. I am usually covered in some type of bodily fluid. I get excited about different things, like Alex having a bowel movement, which she is doing right now (tmi?). Things are different. But this is my normal now. And I love it.

Stats: 13 lbs 11 ounces
25 inches long

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

RSA Roundtable said...

Oh Laura. What fun. She looks like her daddy, yes? And those eyes....heart breaker. I love your blog and the videos. Thanks for keeping up with it.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking tonight, "gosh, there hasn't been an update about little miss alex in a while." Then I remembered you left xanga and come to find out I've been missing the posts about alex. So I immediately read up on the little cutie pie! She's looking adorable. I love the video. And baby einstein is the only way we moms get to shower and check email in a day. so bring it on!! :)
Asa turns one this weekend. I think the second 6 months goes faster than the first 6. So hang on tight.
Bekah (beksmuller)