Friday, September 12, 2008

Because Karma is a Witch

Hello Universe.
It's me, your own personal burp-rag, quite literally right now.

I know that posting a video of my unknowing daughter unable to keep her eyes open could be construed as cruel. But I promise you that was not the intent.

But still you come back at us like this.

Not an hour after putting Alex down for the night, I heard her coughing and gagging on the monitor (which actually happens quite a lot because of her reflux... usually not a sign of real trouble). I ran up the stairs and peeked in her room, and she was still coughing, so I went in and picked her up, intending on patting her back to help clear things up. But she is SOAKED. I'm talking hair, face, clothes... everything. And I am immediately struck in the face with the smell of vomit (and let it be known that just a few weeks ago I was asking my mother-in-law what the difference between vomit and spit-up are... and all she said was, "Trust me; you'll know." ... and now I do). I put her up on my shoulder and felt down on her bed (and, obviously, I had just changed all of her bedding this afternoon), and it was soaked as well. Then she started vomiting again. So now I am soaked. And the floor is soaked. And the little organizational boxes on her changing table are soaked (can you say... projectile?).

We got her changed (twice... she threw up again as soon as we got her in clean clothes) and bathed and back to sleep. She was a little shaken up, didn't want to be put down for a while (understandably so), but otherwise seems ok now. I'm at a loss as to what brought this on. She's had the sniffles for the past couple of days, but seemed to be on the mend. I suppose we will just see what happens tonight, perhaps give the doc a call in the morning if we have another episode.

No comments: