Tuesday, September 30, 2008

And this is when I lose my mind.

I am not sure what is going on. During my time as a mother, I have realized that there are two types of days. One type leaves you feeling like you are on top of the world. Everything went smoothly. Baby went down for naps and bed without a fuss. Ate like a champ. Played so well with the dog- didn't pull her lip off once. Cooed and laughed at perfectly strange strangers, melting their hearts as well as my own.
Then there are the days when you are running around, unaware of the spit-up dripping down your back, your hair in a ponytail, held back by only the grease that has been building for a week, chasing a child that cannot be the same one that you nurtured and sang to for nine months, all the while leaving bits of your brain in the dusty corners of your house, never to be seen again.

Today (and yesterday) has been from door number two. My child is the devil. She no longer cries; she WAILS. MAMAMAMABABABABABAMAMAMAMABABABABABABAAAAAAAAA!!! And she does that every single time I set her in her crib. This leads to sleepless mornings, afternoons, and evenings. I'm very tired.

But look how cute! I must be exaggerating. How could a little doll this precious cause any KIND of trouble?


She seems to be taking leaps and bounds towards 'toddler-ville'. Everyday she moves more quickly. Everyday she seems closer to crawling (up on all fours now!). Everyday she seems a bit more verbal. Everyday. Every single stinken day. She will be seven months old on the fourth. Where has the time gone?

Oh, there it is. Right next to that bit of my brain that used to control the ability to speak to adults without mentioning the words 'diapers', 'poop', or 'boobs'. Gosh I miss that bit.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She may not be crawling on all 4 but at least she can sit up. Nick looks like a weeble, but then he falls. :-) When you find your missing brain parts, let me know where you found them at so I can look for mine in the same place... And, the devil must run in the family ;0 Nick is hell on wheels these days.

Sara

Anonymous said...

I am thankful about every other day that I do have to job to go to every day. Where I can have grown up talk every day. But I do wish there were more hours in the day so I can get done all my school stuff and all the home stuff. I guess even extra hours would get filled with jobs rather than sleep. Oh wait, what is sleep again???
And the train called growing up does not slow down. Asa is one and I feel like I blinked my eyes and he grew up into a screaming toddler who wants what he wants but can't communicate other than screaming. He's real fun in restaurants.
Those hard days get swallowed up by the good ones, somehow. Asa gives me such a hard time getting him ready for bed, but the moment we sit down to read books he melts any frustration away. He now loves "five little monkey jumping on the bed", we shake our fingers together during "no more monkeys jumping on the bed".
I wish I could have the uperpower from the 80's tv show
(can't remember the name), where she would put her pointer fingers together and stop time. I want to sit back and enjoy this time, but it goes so fast, it's hard.