Thursday, September 25, 2008

Housewife Extraordinaire

The transformation is nearly complete.


I got myself a new ride. It's spacious. I can fit my kid, my dog, the stroller, various diaper bags, and like 80 people in it. Plus, it's got a little video camera thing on the back, which helps me aim better for those little random mutt-dogs that run wild in our subdivision. It's lovely. Paul says we lost a lot of cool points by getting this... but I say that we gained a whole hell of a lot of AWESOME points because of it, so it doesn't matter. And I am the woman, so I am right.

Not only that, but because you guys are awful at keeping me accountable about my weight (remember this?), I've gone and joined a weight-watchers group. I really just need help making better choices when I eat. It's so easy to just graze during the day, and usually whatever is easiest is the most unhealthy. So... now I will have some face-to-face accountability, and an irritating way to figure out how much of what I should eat. The whole process works on a point system, with everything having it's own worth in points. You get a personal daily allowance of points based on your height, weight, gender, so on and so forth. But... it's pretty awesome because I'm nursing and that gives me a buttload of extra points. I actually get more than Paul is allowed... (Paul isn't doing this... he will just be eating healthy with me, but we figured we would figure out how many points he would be allowed if he tagged along... and ha! less than me).

I will try and give updates on how things are going on here, not that anyone would really care. I am not ashamed to yell my weight out on the megaphone that is the internet, because, hey, I had a baby, and if I am allowed to be overweight at any point in my life, it's the here and now. So bring on the donuts!! I mean... no... the apples. Bring on the apples.

So, last night, I weighed in at 179.6. I am not expecting anything spectactular until I get used to eating better. They said a healthy loss for me, because I am nursing, would be one pound a week... So here it goes.

***

And, a video. THIS ONE'S FOR YOU, MOM!!

1 comment:

Manda said...

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR SWEET RIDE!! I want a backup camera SO BAD (and so do my garbage cans. Whoops).
And don't fret about your weight girl. I was 172 BEFORE I even got pregnant. Meh.
But three cheers for nursing points!!