Sunday, September 21, 2008

To be a child again...

It was a good weekend. I missed my boy, but it was nice to just hang and watch girlie movies and not worry about cooking for two and so on and so forth. Yesterday, we took a break from our laziness and headed up to the park. I did not, however, take Violet with me. I was planning on taking Alex to the swings, and I didn't want to have to worry about my dog running and jumping in the lake that is currently a very thick green color. Normally, whenever Violet senses that we are leaving, she will head straight to her box and lay down. But yesterday, it was like she knew I was leaving her home while Alex and I went to THE FUNNEST PLACE ON EARTH. She was going downstairs, two steps at a time, stopping and looking back with a forlorn look in her eyes. I finally herded her all the way to her box, and as I was locking it up, she started barking. It's like she was trying to convince me that whatever grudge I was obviously holding was not worth leaving her. And I was all, You remember that one time you went to the bathroom on my floor five times in one night?!?! THIS IS FOR THAT. Then I locked her up and kicked the kennel a few times, laughing and rubbing my hands together.

But we did eventually make it to the swings (yay! hubby just got home!). Alex was incredibly at ease. She absolutely loved them. Although she did try to lift herself out of the swing on more than one occasion, and I am pretty sure that she would have succeeded had I not foiled her attempts. Strong girl.




Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

darling pics :)
any good chick flix to recommend? I've had the urge to watch one this week. I'm dying to see "baby mama". but gotta see what they have in stock.

Manda said...

OH MY GOSH SHE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!!!