Saturday, September 20, 2008

i HATE cooties.

We are having a girl's weekend. I kicked Paul out (or... he went up north with some buddies to go to a football game, golf, and drink beer... poor thing). And now, I am relaxing (or... trying to figure out how I can manage to take a shower with the door closed today or enjoy a cup of coffee that is at the very least lukewarm). I've already enjoyed a breakfast of champions (leftover chicken parmesan from Olive Garden), and I am planning on hitting up a Blockbuster store sometime later today to acquire a ridiculously girlie movie that would never be allowed in the house when the testosterone is home. And I plan to grab a pizza from my buddy Papa John for dinner. Not to bad.

In other news, I am about to make the big plunge into 'soccer mom' territory. On Monday, if all goes according to plan, Paul and I could be driving around in a..... MiNiVaN. Awesome. I took a spin in it last night, and I kept laughing to myself because, as I told the salesman, I would have never thought that I would be driving a minivan before the age of 25. But I am totally cool with it. I am excited to have room to put things without having to pile it in the backseat and hope I don't take a turn to quickly and send it all onto Alex's lap. And this way, on our trips to Michigan, we can bring everything we need for the kid AND the dog and still have room to stretch out in. The one we are looking at has a dvd thing in the back, which does no good for me because I have a tendancy to spontaneously vomit when I attempt to do anything in the car aside from staring straight ahead with my hands on my lap, but can you say BABY EINSTIEN?? Lovely.
We were actually looking at two different vans, and we drove both of them last night. The first one, however, was kind of a bust. First, the car was dead when we went to turn it on. Then, one of the doors refused to open. And finally, the car started smoking not a mile from the dealership. Made the decision easy.

So, long story short, you should all come to St. Louis because now we could all ride in one car.

1 comment:

Manda said...

oh, I have to admit that since the baby came I kinda want a minivan ... so the dogs can fit. Are we sad or what???? :)