Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Inevitablility just punched me in the face.

I suppose I should have expected this at some point. It was bound to happen.

I am sick for the first time since I had Alex. Not only that, Alex is sick for the first time EVER. I was waiting for one or the other to happen, because they are bound to. But at the same time? Come on. All I want to do is lay down and watch America's Next Top Model marathons and drink tea, but I can't. Although it hasn't been as bad as it could be. Since Alex is not feeling so hot, all she has been wanted to do is cuddle with me... which... never happens. So I welcome it. I just wish it was under better circumstances. We've been watching alot of baby einstein. Going through ALOT of kleenex. Have been on the phone with multiple doctors (begging them to give me a name of at least ONE medicine I can take while nursing...). Violet is helping out as well. Today was the first time that there had been any willing interaction between the two of them on Violet's part. I had Alex on my lap playing with some of her toys, and Violet came over and brought one of her toys for the kid. So sweet. Then I used my mommy magic to captivate them both for a whole ten minutes by turning Alex's vibrating chair on and off. Awesome.

I hope we get better soon. Being sick sucks. Watching your little baby get sick sucks more.

No comments: